Transfer Courses

This site provides information regarding procedures for transferring courses and regarding courses offered at other institutions which are acceptable for transfer as equivalent to ˿Ƶ courses, subject to minimum grade requirements and the ˿Ƶ residency policy. The site is a work in progress and will be continuously updated.

There are currently changes being made to this website which may result in errors with some of the links. We expect the website and its links to be fully functioning shortly. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Procedures for Transferring Courses

Please note: No transfer courses or cross registrations are allowed in a senior’s final semester. Consult the University's In-Residence Course Work Requirement policy for further details

Students may transfer courses in 2 ways:

Standard Transfer

This option is available for study in semesters and summers. This requires that a student file a Request for Off Campus Course form with the Registrar’s office. Your Advisor’s signature is required on the form. If the course is not in the Transfer Course database, the signature of the Chair of the Dept which sponsors the course is also required, i.e., the ˿Ƶ English Chair must sign off on an English course to be transferred, etc. For courses which are not in the database, students should be prepared to provide a course description to the Advisor and Dept Chair. A minimum grade of “C” is required for transfer; if a higher grade is required for transfer, the faculty member signing the form will specify same. Students must have official transcripts for the transfer course sent directly from the other institution to ˿Ƶ’s Registrar’s Office. The student is responsible for payment of tuition to the other institution and for the transcript fee.

Cross Registration

This option is available only to full time matriculating students who wish to take a course at a participating institution (most local institutions are participants) during a semester (cross registration is not available for summer terms). Other restrictions apply. Detailed procedures, a listing of participating institutions, and the cross registration permission form are accessible below.